company was established on 1st January 1937 by the so called C.U.F.
Group when it took over the Rocha Shiprepair Yard
concession situated on the North bank of the Tagus
estuary at Lisbon.
In September 1961 the company adopted the
name Lisnave - Estaleiros Navais de Lisboa when
the company expanded on the South bank of the Tagus where a
new yard - Margueira, was built, with facilities to
accommodate the largest vessels being built
In 1973 Setenave (Estaleiros Navais de
Setúbal) was built at Mitrena in Setúbal to cope with
increased demand, both for ship repairing and shipbuilding.
In mid 1997 a restructuring plan was
implemented to meet the forecast ship repair and conversion needs in the
This restructuring was completed at the end of 2000,
following the general upgrading of the existing yard and the construction of 3 additional Panamax size Drydocks.
All activities are now
concentrated in Mitrena.